Sustainable Table & Black Barn Farm
Sustainable Table | Jade Miles is transforming Australian farming and food systems
Jade Miles is a farmer, author, educator, podcaster, local food advocate, and CEO creating a culture in farming that values tomorrow.
Together with her husband and three kids, Jade runs Black Barn Farm, a biodiverse orchard, nursery and workshop space in Northeast Victoria. She’s an active presence in the regenerative space, hosting school programs, permaculture and homesteading workshops while sitting on multiple boards – all in the name of reconnecting people to nature, food and a simpler existence.
She is also the CEO at not-for-profit Sustainable Table, a non-profit network of thought leaders and educators who are connecting regenerative growers with funding to build capacity and create positive change. To date, Sustainable Table has distributed over $1 million to 30+ game-changing, regenerative projects through 4 targeted funding rounds.
“We need to be supporting our farmers and paying them the price that allows them to keep putting nutrient-dense, quality food on our tables.”
— Jade Miles, CEO Sustainable Table & Black Barn Farm
Sustainable Table | Jade Miles
Mentioned in conversation…
- Jade’s personal journey into regenerative farming that fueled her passion for Futuresteading
- Current challenges Australia’s farming system faces
- Benefits of localized, short-supply-chain food systems
- The power consumers hold in reshaping Australia’s food system
- How connecting regenerative farmers with funding can positively impact the future of Australian food systems
- The role Investors can play in positively impacting a regenerative future