Pleasant State | A future-thinking home cleaning company
Ami Bateman is the CEO and Co-Founder of Pleasant State, an ethical home cleaning company, that makes non-toxic and zero-waste dissolvable cleaning bars.
Australians spend almost two billion dollars each year on home and laundry products that are making us sick. Products such as cleaning agents, air fresheners, and plastic packaging that breaks down into inhalable microplastics, are major contributors to indoor air pollution that can lead to respiratory diseases, allergies, asthma, and even cancer.
Pleasant State has developed and manufactured Australia’s very first just-add-water cleaning bars that are verified safe, non-toxic, scented with essential oils, they reduce transport emissions by 95%. They have over 1000 5-star reviews, are experiencing 60% month-on-month growth and are now in the homes of 20,000 Australians.
Pleasant State is Australia’s first B Corp cleaning brand, and they recently won Telstra Best of Business Promoting Sustainability Award (Qld) and were finalists in the Outstanding Growth and the Health categories. They also won the Trans-Tasman Innovation and Growth Award presented by the AUS and NZ Prime Ministers.
They’ve stopped 150,000 plastic bottles from entering landfills, generated 75,000 liters of toxic-free cleaning solutions, and raised over $45,000 for charities through their 1% For The Planet commitment.
“Australians spend almost two billion dollars each year on home and laundry products and they’re making us sick.”
— Ami Bateman, Co-Founder Pleasant State
Ami Bateman | Pleasant State
Mentioned in conversation…
- How eliminating harsh cleaning products and plastics from her life stopped 2 years of chronic headaches for Ami
- The indoor air pollution problem that no one is talking about despite Australians spending 90% of their time indoors
- The deep customer research and analysis approach Ami took in creating Pleasant State
- Designing, developing, and delivering a business through covid from her garage
- Building the business on the B Corp certification process
- The deep customer research approach Pleasant State has taken at every step of the journey
- Embarking on an equity crowdfunding campaign will be used by Pleasant State to enter international markets, lock in major retail partnerships and scale its impact