Heaps Normal | Crafting a new normal in Australian drinking culture
My guest today is Andy Miller the co-founder and CEO of Heaps Normal.
Heaps Normal is changing drinking culture by brewing beer that tastes so good, you won’t miss the alcohol. They’re not here to talk about being sober or hold that up as the end goal. Heaps Normal doesn’t believe alcohol is the enemy, they’re just challenging us to tell better stories.
They launched in mid-2020 and at the time of this recording less than 3 years later they had a market valuation of $58 million – not bad for beer without alcohol.
Heaps Normal is now stocked in more than 4000+ Aussie retailers and venues.
In 2022, Heaps Normal launched This Is Not Normal – an initiative aimed at uniting businesses calling on the government to take stronger action on matters including climate change, and regular commit a percentage of revenue to not-for profit causes and they’re stepping up their game in the live music space.
“We think all businesses should be net positive and giving back to the communities that they’re serving, not just milking them for profits.”
— Andy Miller, co-Founder & CEO Heaps Normal
Heaps Normal | Andy Miller
Mentioned in conversation…
- The importance of becoming B Corp certified early in the Heaps Normal journey
- The common thread that led all four founders to land on the idea of launching a non-alc beer
- The challenges (and triumphs) of developing the new brew during lockdown
- The intention with which Heaps Normal was initially launched into the market
- The conscious approach that Heaps Normal is taking to build an inclusive internal team
- Areas of expansion and impact that Heaps Normal will be doubling down on in the next 12 months