How To Heal Your Nervous System with the Vagus Nerve featuring our guest Jessica Maguire.
Feeling stressed? Maybe a little anxious?
Listen up folks, this episode is for you.
This week we had the pleasure of having Jessica Maguire on the podcast! Jessica is a trauma-informed integrative Physiotherapist, passionate about teaching people the tools and resources that reshape the brain and vagus nerve.
She believes that knowledge is power, and that we are empowered when we have the autonomy to play an active role in reshaping our mind-body system. Her specialty is teaching patients about the vagus nerve and their nervous system, and how “stress-related illness” such as anxiety, depression, gut disorders, autoimmune issues and chronic pain can arise from dysregulation after chronic or traumatic stress. If you are in
We’re diving in to : Heal Your Nervous System with the Vagus Nerve
- What exactly the vagus nerve is, and the role healthy vagal tone plays in our overall well-being.
- The physiology behind why so many business owners are feeling more anxious than usual post 2020.
- How our brains and nervous system are shaped by our past experiences, and why this is critical in understanding how we respond to stress.
- The role that our dysregulated systems play in hyperarousal and hypoarousal.
- Jess’s practical tips to regulate our response to stress and move away from fight/flight/freeze?
Connect with our Vagus Nerve Maverick
Links and resources:
Ready to launch & leverage your own did? Download my free guide to starting and scaling your business over at theownerscollective.com/startandscale
Enjoy this episode?
Be sure to be subscribed on Apple Podcasts or if you’re an Android user you can follow on Spotify. While you’re there, I’d LOVE you to drop me a rating and review, as is helps get this podcast into the ears of more fine folks like you.