As we wrap the year I wanted to say a huge and heartfelt thank you for continuing to be part of our wild ride. The longer I’m in business the more deeply I understand that it’s the people that make the journey, and I’ve been blessed with some of you best – you.
Overall, we had a wonderful year.
We welcomed new members, made new partnerships, and launched new projects. In reflecting on the year that was, I wanted to share a few of my learning’s with you here to officially wrap 2019, and welcome in new energy and flow that will arrive with 2020.
This year I learnt:
- You have the most challenging conversations with the people you care about most. Through challenge comes growth, and the more strongly you care about the people in your life, the more you need to rise when it matter most.
- The Universe always has your back. When you’re thrown a curve ball the reason might not always be obvious, but if you’re willing to do the work (internal and external) it’ll soon become clear that life is completely rigged in your favour. Good or bad, each experience offers a lesson and an opportunity to grow and evolve.
- Creatively emerges when we allowing space. My best work didn’t come from staring at a computer screen. It came when I took long walks surrounded by big trees, and salty ocean spray.
- The hustle (for me) is real. For the first time this year I embraced that I love to create, which often means there’s a lot going on. My purpose and passion fuel my work ethic, and instead of resisting it this year I fully owned my love to work, which set off an explosion of authenticity.
- Good business is good for business. As we increasingly become aware of the finite resources on the planet, good business is where it’s at. Looking after your staff, your suppliers, your planet, and your legacy has now become a non-negotiable.
- Passion projects are essential fuel for the soul. This year I launched my podcast One Wild Ride to explore the people and businesses creating positive impact. ‘Deeply fulfilling’ hardly begins to describe this project, and I’m beyond grateful for the incredible conversations I’ve had with people who are changing the world in the best possible way.
- Our Indigenous culture matters. We need to bridge the gap faster, and appreciate the wonderful work our Aboriginal people are doing to protect this beautiful country of ours.
- Bigger is not always better. This year I purposefully cut the number of programs we offered, reduced our staff and redefined our remit. The result was more clarity to market in both our offering, and within myself. Often the biggest ripples are made by the voices with a single message – thank you Greta for demonstrating this with such passion.
- Meditation is a game-changer. This year I undertook my Vedic Meditation training and the clarity, focus and calm it has allowed my mind is everything. A simple practice of sitting twice a day with mantra has allowed me more grace in moving through my days.
- There is no external up level without internal work. Yep, self-development reigns supreme, in business and in life.
Again, thank you for sharing this wild ride of entrepreneurship with me.
May your holiday break be filled with more goodness than you can possibly imagine.
Take care out there, and we’ll see you on the other side.