Want to nail your end of month like a boss?
We have teamed up with our friends & Money Mavericks, Illumin8, to bring you this ‘How to do a Proper End Of Month’ checklist & process.
Imagine getting to months end and having all your ducks in a row with your accounts and business. You are going to feel super empowered & your accountant (and the tax man) is going to love you!
They (Google) say it takes two months before a new behaviour becomes automatic; to then go from “knowing nothing to being pretty good”, you’ve got six months.
Before you can even think about reporting your numbers to the ATO, you need a clean set of books. While the ATO is only after turnover figures for the process, the reporting requirements do give us an opportunity to create good habits.
One of the keys to keeping on top of your books and helping you move closer to accessing real-time numbers is by performing bank reconciliations weekly. Together with this, month-end closes will help you complete your books, and for now, report accurate and timing turnover figures to the ATO and more importantly, get some CASH.
Weekly Overview Checklist
- Upload and publish (or enter) all invoices and receipts
- Review bills to pay
- Reconcile sales & additional accounts
- Reconcile bank & credit card transactions
- Email clients and suppliers with status updates & questions
Monthly Overview Checklist
- Ensure the weekly tasks process is completed
- Follow-up with clients and suppliers on any missing information
- Issue all monthly sales invoices (if applicable)
- Make adjustment entries
- Complete necessary reconciliations
- Create & complete financial reports
- Review financial reports for errors
About Illumin8 Partners
Whether it’s local small business tax accounting, business advisory, bookkeeping or you just want Xero’s Victorian Partner of the Year, we’re taking care of business! It doesn’t matter if you’re based near Moorabbin, the Mornington Peninsula, somewhere across Victoria, or Australia, Illumin8 are accounting for your tomorrow.
You can follow them on instagram here.
Want to check out what they do? Click here.